Department of Physics
Objectives towards Excellence
- Inculcating a logical, rational, creative and value oriented approach with a scientific touch which is so vital in every walk of life, to unravel the latent facts of Physics.
- Training the Young Physicists whose opportunities are wide open globally with much expectations and competencies.
- Imbibing the Scientific passion of Observation and Analysis to resolve the barriers of learning.
- Facilitating an aptitude towards the development of a Research culture to achieve the heights of Real-time applications.
- Adopting new strategies for training to bring out Physicists suitable for the challenges of 21st century.
Unique activities of the department
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in the UG curriculum towards Higher learning & Research.
- Every year take up National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE) at the All India level.
- Signed MoU with SI'TARC for Hands-on-Training in Calibration and Testing of Instruments for UG.
- Signed MoU with UTL technologies for Sector Skill Developments and Placements.
- Conducting Career Oriented Programme(COP) Digital Photography for Entrepreneurial skills.
- Celebrating National Science Day towards the Nation building activity.
- Undergoing Summer Internship/ Fellowship programme for a period of six weeks for PGprogramme.
- NET /SET coaching for PG programme towards Research/ Employment.