The Department came into existence in 1954 and was upgraded as Post Graduate department in 1980 and as a Research department in 2003.
The Curriculum for U.G. and P.G. courses are designed in such a way that it would foster the knowledge and skills of the student and would help them to meet the global issues.
Objectives & Goals
- To enrich the knowledge and promote skills of the student.
- To orient the students towards civic sense and leadership qualities.
- Aiming at Holistic Development of students.
- Guiding the students to go for Higher Studies.
- To develop research attitude thereby enabling the students to pursue Research.
- Motivating and equipping the students to appear for the Competitive Examinations- NET, SLET, and Civil Service.
- To enable the students acquire employment opportunities.
- Mrs.Radha Mani
- Ms. K.Roselin George ( Head of the Department (1986 )& Former Principal of the College 1986-87)
- Mrs. Ramani ( Former Controller of Examinations
- Dr.A.Vasantha(Head of the Department 1986-2002)
- Dr.G.kasthuri (Head of the Department 2002 to Aug2005)
- Mrs.A.Alagurani (Head of the Department Sep 2005 to April 2013)